We let a pitch to you with the expectation that you will follow the usual customs of good camping and caravanning. We reserve the right to ask you to leave at any point of your stay if the behavior of any member of your party is unacceptable to us and no refund of monies will be paid.
1.In high season, pitches are available from 2pm on the day your holiday commences. In low seasons you may arrive earlier. If you arrive after 9.00 pm you must pitch on the late arrivals area. You must vacate by 12.00 pm on the day of departure and leave the pitch in a clean and tidy state. Pitches offered are for one tent/motor home/caravan/camper van only, plus one vehicle. The only other unit on a pitch may be a small pop up type tent for occupancy by children under 16.
Pitch price includes two adults (or 1 adult, 1 child). There are extra charges for additional children 3 - 16YO, awnings, gazebos, dogs, extra adults and cars. It is your responsibility to ensure that you can fit both your vehicle and single unit on the pitch allocated to you. If you decide to bring extras, these must fit within the pitch. We only allow 1 unit per pitch, so those wanting to bring additional tents or accommodation must book separately.
Please note that campers wishing to use ‘The Glade’ (including guests using the Shepherds Huts and Yurts) are not permitted to drive their vehicles in this area and will have to park in the designated parking area. Assistance will available to help ferry equipment down to the pitch.
You must inform us of any changes and extras prior to your arrival. Once you have made your booking and made either an initial payment or the full amount for your booking, the price of the holiday will not be subject to change unless your holiday requirements change.
We will confirm your booking indicating that a pitch has been reserved for you on the dates required. The pitch offered will be based upon the information supplied by you.
You may request a specific pitch, BUT THIS IS NOT GUARANTEED.
Sometimes pitches have to be re-allocated depending on need. We will inform you if we need to make a change. Acceptance of a booking is not conditional on the allocation of a specific pitch. Bookings are not transferable in any circumstances. Alterations by you to a booking after confirmation, will incur an administration charge of £2 per alteration. The person who signs the Booking Form is responsible for the booking and warrants that they are over 18 years of age and that the party will not exceed the numbers stated on the booking form.
2. We ask for an initial payment of your pitch for the length of your stay. All optional extras that are pre booked will need to be paid on arrival at Far Peak with the campsite/site team If you wish to stay longer that 4 nights, we are willing to take deposit for 50% of the full cost with the remaining balance due 14 days before the booking commences.
Payment by credit or debit card does not incur charges. If you wish to pay by cheque, the funds must be cleared at least 14 days before the start of your stay.
You can cancel your booking anytime up to 28 days before your stay with no additional charges. Cancellation by you within 28 days of your booking due to inclement weather, non arrival of party members, arrival after the due date or events beyond our control are non-refundable.
3. Groups of more than three couples or four families during high seasons can be made by prior arrangement only and at the management’s discretion. We are not able to accept bookings from unaccompanied persons under the age of 18. Groups or parties who do not adhere to the site etiquette will be asked to leave without a refund.
4. The contract is with Far Peak Camping, Far Peak, Northleach, GL54 3JL. All site guests and visitors are required to sign in at reception immediately on arrival. Far Peak will not be liable to any person visiting, for any personal injury, fatal or non fatal unless caused by a negligent act or omission by the company or its employees. Far Peak will not be liable for any injury, loss or damage to any property including, motor vehicles and personal effects, howsoever caused or sustained.
5. If, after your arrival we are unable to provide the pitch allocated to you, we will offer a pitch of the same or higher specification. If we cannot offer an alternative pitch we will refund your total holiday cost, but you will have no additional claim against us. If you wish to extend your stay beyond the booked dates, there is no guarantee that the same pitch will be available. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that all advertised facilities are available, it may be sometimes necessary to close or limit a facility for safety or improvement reasons.
6. You must pitch as directed by the ground staff, not encroach upon any other pitches and consider fire risk limitation, safety and access. If you pitch outside the boundaries of your pitch or your unit is judged to pose a risk to the safety and comfort of others you will be asked to move.
7. A valid ticket must be clearly displayed on your unit at all times.
8. The speed limit is 10mph. Please drive SLOWLY. This includes bicycles and any other wheeled conveyances. Drivers must hold a licence and have tax and MOT as appropriate. No recreational vehicles such as motorised scooters or quad bikes are allowed.
9. You must ensure children in your party are properly supervised at all times, in all areas of the site, including the climbing centre, low ropes course and all amenities and when cycling around the park.
10. If you bring a dog, this remains your responsibility at all times and not left unattended. Dogs are not allowed in the climbing centre, café, yurt or studio rooms, You must clean up after your dog, otherwise you will asked to leave immediately.
12. The use of generators is not permitted on site. Cutting or damaging trees and other vegetation is strictly prohibited and the natural conditions are not to be disturbed. This includes tying ropes to, or driving nails into trees.
13. An evening curfew is in place for the respect of all guests and residents on site. We ask that all music and loud activities are ceased by 11pm and that guests with children respect that those without or with younger children by keeping them under control. If a warden is required to intervene, you will be given a single verbal warning before being asked to leave the site immediately without a refund.
14. Any verbal and/or physical abuse to staff or guests will result in immediate expulsion from the site. Belongings and vehicles can be collected at a later date, through prior arrangement with the management and landlord.
15. If there is a problem or dissatisfaction with any matters under our control, please notify us immediately, so we may have the opportunity to rectify issues. We cannot accept liability in relation to any claim of whatever nature if you fail to notify us within seven days from the end of your stay with us.
Sign up to the Far Peak Newsletter